Tuesday 24 July 2007

This is what is wrong with today's society

So yesterday I'm standing outside waiting for the mobile coffee machine lady to sort out my caffeine fix for the afternoon (which, coincidentally, is the same company that services the Myaree office - except the lady who drives the van down here actually knows how to make coffee) and some of my senior (sales) co-workers are chatting.

Office manager: Hey, did anyone see the news last night?

*various responses*

Office manager: Did you see that article about that terrorist on the Gold Coast - you know, the doctor?

Me: He hasn't been convicted!!

Office manager: Yeah, but you know what I mean - last time I was in Queensland I stayed at that Q1 building he was planning on blowing up!

Me: He hasn't been convicted!! He hasn't even gone to trial!! Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty??

The office manager didn't have much to say in response to that - he walked inside the office with his coffee amid the kerfuffle.

No comments: