Monday 2 July 2007

The Aftermath: Party Forensics and Bribery

Kate had a housewarming party on Friday night. It was a brilliant event, and fun was had by all.
I had more than a few drinks and enjoyed myself immensely.
I always love functions when co-workers get together.
And while I was certainly inebriated there was a point in the night (about 2am, I think) when I realised there were others there who were signifcantly more inebriated than I was.
It was about this time, when the drunken singalongs started (yes, for those of you who can't remember, there were drunken singalongs) that I had the inspiration for a brilliant piece of video footage.
Having just received my phone back from a trip to Vodafone HQ to get fixed (six months after I bought it, thank you very much...) I jumped at the opportunity to record a little piece of history.
Now, for the record, there is nothing incriminating in this little video clip, but man it is funny.
There's nothing like the sound of 8-9 people singing the Rolling Stones classic Ruby Tuesday at 1am on a Saturday morning.
When I get the opportunity, I will post it on my blog for you all to look at and listen to.
Until then, happy hangover!

5 comments:

my name is kate said...

Friends don't let friends humiliate them in public Johnsy. Be warned - I could release the photo of you and JBC getting cosy in the corner...

Bolton said...

Oh fuck.
I was reading your blog laughing away confidently thinking "well I must have left before the singalong because I definitely don't remember it" and also thinking "sounds like fun, bring it on!"... only to read the words "Ruby Tuesday" and have my face fall.
I had forgotten about that.
More Forensic Partying.
Oh fuck.

Dave said...

How is posting a video any different from posting various photos? Okay maybe I won't post it on my blog - I'll just have to show it to you all next time I see you. It is classic though. And for the record, there was no 'cosiness' between me and JBC. Despite his disturbing comments. Nuff said.

my name is kate said...

Oh you've got to let us see it. Maybe you should post it for 10 minutes and let all those involved know so we can check it out before you whisk it down again.

Dave said...

Sounds like a plan. Now I just need to figure out how to upload it.