Monday 30 July 2007

Ex-girlfriend update

So I'm working at my other restaurant job on the weekend and my ex-girlfriend (the one I blogged about when she texted me to 'catch up' and then never replied to my message) comes in to have dinner with a group of work friends.
It was fantastic.
She started by bumbling her way through an excuse as to why she didn't text back. I let her speak (read squirm), as she offered up a pathetic non-excuse somewhere along the lines of "hey, yeah I got that message from you, it was like two weeks ago or something, and i meant to text you back..."
Whatever.
And I had a bit of a chat with her about what we were both up to, blah blah blah, before she had to take her trailer trash friend home just after they'd received mains because she'd drunk too much and was spewing.
I felt vindicated.
Even though I went out with her more than seven years ago, it was good to find that although she had physically grown a little, her mental acuity was still somewhere down on the same level as a three-month-old Downs Syndrome baby. Ouch.
So the old adage, an ex is an ex for a reason, rings true here.
Coincidentally after she'd left, one of her co-workers asked me if there was still a spark there. I laughed heartily, looked her straight in the eye and said "not a chance."

3 comments:

my name is kate said...

Hurrah - a victory.

Anonymous said...

A victory indeed Johnsy. I'm going to reply that one in my mind a few times. aaaaah.

L x

Dave said...

hehe noice