Tuesday 2 October 2007

Everybody hurts... sometimes

I'm hurting today.
I don't know why, but when it comes to a long weekend, I have the tendency to cram three times as much stuff into them despite the fact that they're only one day longer.
I had a drink with a couple of friends on Friday night, followed by AFL Grand Final day, which despite the disappointment of the actual match was a loooong and fun day.
Sunday was spent in a relatively relaxed mode even though I did have a family dinner on Sunday night, however the real reason I'm hurting was because I chose to go to Parklife last night.
I mean, seriously, why bother planning a festival for a long weekend and then putting it on the Monday? Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
Anyway yesterday was a great way to end the long weekend.
As you do, I bumped into quite a few old friends who I hadn't seen in ages and saw some damn good sets from a range of different acts.
And to round it all off nicely, I arrive at work today to discover that Rage Against The Machine and Bjork are headlining next year's Big Day Out.
And that, dear readers, is enough to dull the pain of being back at work today.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I see you have changed your colour scheme and layout. Looks good.
Dave