Thursday 4 October 2007

I had to do it.

Last night I watched a short section of Rove's new celebration of mediocrity, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?
And it was as bad as you'd expect.
The part that I watched involved a guy who had won $50,000 so far.
He had a chance to push that up to $75,000 by answering a first grade grammar question.
The question was: "Which of these words has a 'long' a?
a) Mate
b) Hat
c) Boat

And yes, you guessed it, he couldn't answer the question.
I was shocked. I was outraged. I was lost for words.
Until Bertie reminded me that these people go through selection criteria, and they are obviously chosen on the fact that they don't know the answers to all these questions.
I promptly turned it off, but the lingering disgust has left a bad taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

my name is kate said...

Yes I like to think they had to look long and hard to find these morons. That much said I am avoiding the show for fear it will make me want to kill myself. More so.