Friday 28 September 2007

I'm in some sort of pre-long weekend rut

...and I'm not enjoying it.
I'm meant to be pumping out the stories today, since it's a short week next week and I won't be there on deadline day, but at the same time we're waiting around for people to come down from head office and install this new system.
I feel like I'm in some kind of limbo.
Trying not to think about the weekend (but it's only 3 and a half hours to go!) and the fact that our new full time journo here seems to not know how to effectively a) send an email or b) write a story.
I have a sneaking suspicion he bluffed his way into the job... but I'll give him another week or two to settle in before I start making value judgements.
I don't expect anyone to comment on this rant, but I feel a little bit better now having had a whinge.

5 comments:

my name is kate said...

If it makes you feel better I have a throbbing headache and am operating on negative four hours sleep. Does that make you feel better? No, me neither.

Dave said...

Actually, that makes me feel heaps better!! That and the new computer I'm working on... nice

shiny said...

It could be worse, he could be coughing up bodily fluids...

Anonymous said...

whose bodily fluids are you coughing up observer?

Anonymous said...

Judging is what we do. You can always apologise later.

L x