Wednesday 31 October 2007

Feel free to help yourself to that humble pie on the way out...

I had the press secretary for the local RSL call my mobile today.
He left a message on my voicemail that went something like this:

"Davie (for some reason the guy calls me Davie - ugh) this is B**** C**** from the K***** RSL. Can you please call me as soon as possible. I've been trying to get in touch with you. Thanks."
*At this point he obviously thought he had hung up - but he hadn't.*
"Fucking hell... this is fucking unbelievable... *background noises* Well at least that phone call only would have cost us a couple of cents..."

Nice one mate.
So he rang the work phone a moment later - not sure why he didn't just do this in the first place, he would have gotten through to me straight away.

Anyway he booked an appointment to see me this afternoon.
When he got here I gave him a piece of my mind, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I told him he hadn't hung his phone up properly, and that what was on my voicemail message was highly unprofessional. I also told him I wasn't happy with the way he had been playing favourites with the other local paper - giving them stories and not informing us.
And boy, did he grovel. It was great. I have a feeling he'll be a bit nicer to me in the future :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheer brilliance. I love you.

L x

Jessica said...

That had to feel absolutly glorious. What a fuckwit.