Friday 5 October 2007

Adventures in Rockingham Part I

There's a young guy who comes into our office once a week and takes our paper recycling bin away.
The bin happens to be near my desk.
Normally he comes in and says hello.
Today he came in and gave me his life story.
It went something like this (I have deleted out lines he repeated):

Him: How ya going mate?

Me: Yeah good yourself?

Him: Yeah good. Almost the weekend. Almost Saturday. Saturday means clubs. *Pause* Yeah, like, a while ago, before I put a bit of weight on, I used to do martial arts professionally. Might not look like it now, but the knuckles don't lie. *shows me his knuckles* Yeah so I'd go out to clubs, and like, not start fights but sometimes stick up for people if they couldn't themselves.
So this one time there was this guy... *insert three minute spiel about fight he got into at Rockingham nightclub* ... Oh, and then there was this other time man, when I almost got arrested hey *another three minutes* ...yeah but you should've seen that guy he was big hey but the guy he was bashing was tiny man he was nothing, you know, I had to help...

Me: ...

Him: Yeah so anyway have a good one man seeya.




Wow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so much... you made a friend.

my name is kate said...

At least you don't have the lopsided bin man who comes in when Em and I are working late to feel up her leg and ask me if I have a husband waiting for me at home... cree-py.

Oh and I saw Heroes, will attempt to download it for you and am excited about the next series (honeslty if you missed the bit with peter and the... you know... chains... you just can't judge it)

Bolton said...

He obviously needed to get that out.

Bless you for listening.

Jessica said...

So tell me, when you looked at those knuckles, you know those knuckles that don't lie, were they hairy???

Dave said...

no, hairless, but to his credit they did seem to have some sort of permanent blood blisters on them. they were purple.