Thursday 25 October 2007

Old-fashioned sexist wants submissive servant

Channel Nine's latest foray into reality television is so bad it's good.
I'm talking in a similar vein to Age of Love, the Mark Phillipoussis show which had him deciding between 'kittens' and 'cougars' for the love of his life - a love that apparently didn't last six months after the show finished.
So anyway this new show, and it's Australian, is called Farmer Wants a Wife.
Yep, you read right. Farmer Wants a Wife.
And the show is exactly what it sounds like - six farmers, good-looking yet simple country boys, want a wife. The problem is there are no suitable applicants left in the country, and for the hundreds - yes, hundreds - of girls applying there are apprently no suitable bachelors left in the city.
So these women go on national TV, and we're not talking secretaries and receptionists here (not that there's anything wrong with that) but smart, professional, good-looking young women who want to become a farmer's wife. Seriously.
My highlight of the show was when one of the farmers asked one of the girls: "So, you think you can look after me? Make my breakfast, cook me dinner?" Oh, and she replied with a "yes."

My second favourite was when one of the farmers was doing a piece to camera after meeting one of the girls and said - and I am not making this up - "She looks like she'd be alright in the kitchen."

There are so many things wrong with this show I don't know where to begin. It's fantastic. Watch it.

3 comments:

shiny said...

Never mind being alright in the kitchen, can she crush beer cans between her breasts? Because there's a market for that apparently.

Bolton said...

What really shits me is it is not even a real idea. SBS did Desperately Seeking Sheila about five years ago!

Jessica said...

The worst one was Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. Instead of a rose ceremony the backstage pass and the question: Will you rock my world???

Sorry, think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.