Wednesday 16 May 2007

Bucket of Pus follow-up

You may remember my gripe about a local "musician" who sent in a CD called Bucket of Pus.
No false advertising there.
Anyway, my editor gets a follow-up call the other day from the guy, which went a little something like this...
Guy: Hey, I sent in a CD a little while ago and was wondering if you were planning on doing an article?
Editor: What CD was it?
Guy: Bucket of Pus.
Editor: Oh, I forwarded that on to one of my journalists, who is fairly knowledgeable in that field, and he said it wasn't much chop.
Guy: But it's art...!

No, my friend, it isn't art. Ripping off the sounds of Aussie punk/metal acts like the Hard Ons and The Beasts of Bourbon and burning it onto a CD using the lowest quality recording equipment available in the history of humankind is NOT art. Calling it Bucket of Pus pretty much hammers the last nail into that coffin too. Now go away.

No comments: