Monday 14 May 2007

Bye Bye Sundays

In addition to striking Wednesday nights off the social calendar (Heroes, Channel 7, 8.30pm) it appears I now have to strike Sunday nights off also.
Now, this is not something I am doing lightly. I quite like the idea of doing things on Sunday nights, justifying it with "Well, it's still the weekend and I'm back at work tomorrow anyway so to hell with it."
However, a new show that starts this Sunday has come to my attention that is certainly in the same league as the-greatest-show-of-all-time, Heroes.
It's called Life on Mars. For me, if you had told me young John Simm (famous for his role as Jip in the brilliant Human Traffic) was playing the lead role in a new television program, I would have been sold on that alone.
In short, the program follows a young detective in Manchester, who has a car accident and wakes up in 1973. He's not 100 per cent sure whether he's in a coma, whether he's completely lost it and gone insane or whether he has actually fallen back in time.
I watched a ten minute teaser of the first episode last night and it looked awesome.
I'm not going to say anymore. But if you're home on Sunday night, as most people are, flick on ABC at 8.30pm. It's gonna be good...

No comments: