Wednesday 16 May 2007

Overheard in the Office

Young Kate has long spruiked the genius of this website. Basically, people write in with conversations they have allegedly overheard between other people in various office environments around the world.
They change from day to day, and the headings given to each of the conversations are often the funniest part of it all.
Whether they are all true or not is something that cannot be verified nor should people worry about it.
Personally, I think most of them would be fairly accurate (why would anyone make this stuff up) and let's be honest, people are stupid. So it's entirely believable that these conversations actually did happen.
I picked out a gem from today's section but I highly recommend you visit the site on a regular basis - it has often provided me with laugh out loud material at work.
Furthermore, I often leave the heading to last, as it is usually a clever little add-on to the joke which makes it a hell of a lot funnier.
Enjoy...

Weigh It, and Subtract the Weight of an Empty Bottle

Customer: These new labels are awful. Just awful! Why did you change them? I hate them.
Pharmacist: I'm sorry, sir, but I don't have any control over the labels.
Customer: They don't even tell me when it's time to refill my 'scription. When am I supposed to refill my 'scription?
Pharmacist: ... When you run out of medication, sir.
Customer: Well, how in the hell am I supposed to know that?

CVS/PharmacyHigh Point, North Carolina

No comments: