Wednesday 9 May 2007

Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob

I love my music, and I love buying CDs, so I have decided to randomly put CD reviews up on my blog from time to time when I buy a new one. The first instalment will take a look at the lastest Kaiser Chiefs album, which I bought last week.

And what an album!

If you were a fan of Kaiser Chiefs first offering, Employment, their second will not fail to please.

The album kicks off with the infectiously groovy single Ruby then punches straight into the title track - which appears to be a thinly-veiled swipe at mass audiences and their inability to think for themselves.

My favourite lyric on the album is in this track - I mean, what journo wouldn't love a line that says: "We are the angry mob, we read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate but we're all so easily swayed."

The rest of the album follows suit, with some of the slower tracks, including Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning) highlighting the oh-so-English sound of the band.

Overall, if you want an album that fuses punchy Brit-pop-rock with anthemic riffs and plenty of singalong moments, Yours Truly, Angry Mob delivers and delivers well.

Can't wait to see these guys when they hit our shores mid-year.

Four stars.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm listening to Cold War Kids at the moment. Thoughts?

Dave said...

Cold War Kids is high on my CD buying list. Very high. How good is it?