Wednesday 2 May 2007

Heroes

There will be two sets of Heroes on TV tonight.
At 8.30pm, on Channel 7, my favourite show of all time - Heroes - will be on. Then, at the bleary-eyed time of 2.30am, Manchester United will take it to AC Milan in Italy to secure a place in the UEFA Champions League final in Athens....
My newfound love for soccer began when I jumped on the bandwagon at World Cup time last year to follow the Aussies in their first outing since the sixties. When the tournament was over (we were robbed!) I felt the need to continue watching soccer and, since one of my good mates is a Manchester United supporter, became one by default.
Since then, I have developed an almost embarrassing passion for what they call the international game.
And it was a timely season for me to become a United supporter too, since they are on fire. Sitting pretty on the top of the English Premier League, with three games to go they need a win and a draw to take out the title.
They are already in the FA Cup Final, a match they'll play with Chelsea at the newly-renovated Wembley Stadium later in May.
And, depending on how things go tonight, they will play off for the title of European Champion against Liverpool.
So tonight's the big one.
Tomorrow I will either be at work, bleary-eyed but absolutely ecstatic, or I will be bleary-eyed and absolutely devastated.
Hopefully it will be the former.

No comments: