Wednesday 14 May 2008

My car hates me right now



My car and I have been through a few rough patches over the turbulent three years we've known each other.

I almost wrote it off once - but no, I had comprehensive insurance and, surprisingly, the insurance company decided to fix the car rather than junk it.

Since its resurrection some two and a half years ago, I have added a myriad of scratches, nicks, paint marks and small dents to various sections of the car body.


Then, on Monday, one of my friends reversed into my car. The worst part was I was standing there watching it happen.

I called out my friend's name once, twice, three times, then on the fourth I heard the bang.

It's such a sickening sound, isn't it?

Metal on metal, car versus car.

To my friend's credit they are in the process of organising it to be fixed and I know they feel terrible about the whole situations.


I've managed to pry open the driver's side door just enough so I can get in the car without climbing across the passenger seat.


And still, the old girl dutifully starts every day and takes me to and from work.

More loyal than a dog, I say.

Touch wood.

5 comments:

shiny said...

Can you tell that friend where I park my car and give him a truck/steam roller/bus with which to "accidentally" anihilate it?
Cheers.

Dave said...

Absolutely. But a couple of things. Firstly, you assumed my friend was a he. Secondly, you spelt 'annihilate' wrong. I know, I know. I'm a wanker.

shiny said...

I'm not shocked that I can't spell, but are you honestly telling me some bad drivers are female? Chortle-chortle.

Jessica said...

So what's the car's name? A car with that much history should have a name.

Dave said...

Seems like your car is just like a good friend. Yes, as Jessica says, give it a name. With personality like that it needs one. - Dave