Tuesday 20 May 2008

Just a quick update

I'm listening to some music and reading a book I'm quite excited about at the moment -so I just thought I'd let you know.

The new Pendulum album - In Silico - is everything I'd hoped it would be and more.

Also, I received a new CD today from the lovely folk at Amphead Music by a band called Dirt River Radio. Apparently they're a blues-rock outfit, but it's the cracking title that got me, despite the fact that it sounds a bit country and western - Come back Romance, all is forgiven.

Reviews for both of those CDs will follow in the next week or two.

And finally, speaking of cracking titles, I'm reading a great little book loaned to my by a lovely work colleague of mine that was written by a guy named Paul Carter.
The title is Don't tell mum i work on the rigs, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.
Gold.
I'm about halfway through, and basically it's a bit of an autobiographical tale about Carter's crazy experiences working on oil rigs around the world in dangerous and exotic locations.
I'm loving it - I read halfway though it the first time I opened it, and hoping to read the rest tonight :)

That will be all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I photographed Paul Carter for the paper. He was a really nice guy and shared a few of his exploits during the shoot. Another world outside of Perth...

shiny said...

I interviewed him.

Dave said...

lol name droppers
the person who lent me the book is good friends with him :p