Friday 30 May 2008

I am SO outta here...

Yesterday morning I went to a Chamber of Commerce breakfast.
After the breakfast I was offered the position of editor at Myaree for three of the company's mastheads.
By yesterday afternoon I'd found out I was starting next Tuesday, after the long weekend.

It's all hapened so fast - and I couldn't be happier.

So today, right here, right now, is the last day I will have to make the half hour trip down to the Rockingham office.
It's the last day I'll have to put up with my soon-to-be-former boss.
You, dear readers, have heard me whinge and moan about this place on a fairly constant basis.

I want to get one thing straight - it really hasn't been all bad.
I've made some great friends both in the office and in the wider community, I've had the opportunity to get to know an area that I otherwise would never have known about, and I've gained some invaluable experience from working in an office where a half-hearted effort was never good enough.

To be fair to my boss, she has been good to me overall. She fought for a pay rise on my behalf and she was the one that encouraged me to go for this new job.

But it's easy to look at things in a different light when you're moving on.

As for me, I can't wait. Working in an office that is so close to home, editing a paper that is delivered to my doorstep, and being given an opportunity to do a job of which I know I am capable. AND I get to work alongside Observer.

I'm very excited.
Oh, and did I mention it was my birthday tomorrow? :)

5 comments:

shiny said...

Hurrah! Welcome to wine Thursdays (and sometimes Fridays, too).
Oh, but I wouldn't count on actually getting the paper delivered.

Steve said...

Good on you Dave, sincere congratulations mate, and getting to work alongside the sophisticated observer - you lucky thing.

Oh, and just in case I forget (not that you will let any of us forget :-) - Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I think I said all I could say in that nice email I sent you this morning, but for all your blog fans I should mention that he will be missed and the whinging was not ever as bad as it seems :op

Dave said...

Yeah but she wasn't your boss laurence. Really, you have no idea. No offence.

Dave said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.
- Dave.