Tuesday 6 May 2008

Are you kidding me?

You would think, wouldn't you, in this day and age, that if a guy walks into work with a pink business shirt on it wouldn't be such a big thing?

I went to a function surrounded by State politicans, industry representatives and the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia this morning. No one made any comments about the fact that I was wearing a pink shirt.

I get to work and my editorial colleagues say nothing.

I walk past the sales area and nothing is said.

And then I walk out the back into the - you guessed it - distribution area and Dumb and Dumber are out there.

D1: What's with the pink shirt?

D2: What pink shirt?

D1: Look at Dave.

D2: Wohoo!! Dave! What's going on here hey, who've you been hanging out with on the weekends that's making you want to wear pink?

Me: Jesus guys, I really thought we'd moved on a bit from those sort of comments in the last decade or so. Apparently not.

I walked out of the office, turned around and said: Sorry, guys my mistake. I must have given you two a bit more credit than you deserved. I won't make that sort of assumption again.

I don't think they got it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pink :o) and with that tie I would rank it a 10/10 well done Dave on a top effort. I suppose that wearing straight leg jeans in the old stone wash is what those two will stick with until death :o)

my name is kate said...

Jesus I think a pink shirt was last considered to be a bold departure from heterosexuality when I was still too young to drink. Thankfully, in both respects, we have moved on.

Anonymous said...

Isn't pink the new black...or is that soooo last season. Better ask Trinny & Susannah.

Anonymous said...

Gay. So gay.

Jessica said...

There is this shrew of a woman who works at the front desk walking into school. She asked me the other day if my co-worker Jake was really having a baby. I told her yes. Then she looked at me funny and said "But wasn't he wearing a pink shirt today?" I told her I didn't think the color pink drained a man of sperm but I'd have to check Wikipedia...

Dave said...

hehe

Bolton said...

" "But wasn't he wearing a pink shirt today?" I told her I didn't think the color pink drained a man of sperm but I'd have to check Wikipedia..."

FUCKN FUNNY.