Thursday 28 June 2007

You're right - it really HAS been a long time....

So I turn my phone on when I get up this morning, and lo and behold, I have received a message from an ex-girlfriend of mine called Jenna.
Jenna I went out eight - count 'em, eight - years ago when I was the tender age of 16.
We went out for just over six months, so at the time i thought it was a fairly important relationship but six months is nothing these days.
Here's what it said:

"Hey david its jenna ******** how are u? wow its been so long since i've heard from u, wats new? where u working etc? we should catch up some time!"

How exactly do you reply to a message like that? You know, apart from "no." I was thinking something along the lines of "Get fucked, you dumped me for no reason when I was a young naive teenager and then I forgot about you for eight years and now all of a sudden you want to "catch up"???
Any suggestions?

7 comments:

my name is kate said...

Hmm random. I would either ignore her or do the insincere ‘hey sure, will give you a call sometime’ and then never do it.
(Incidently I once had an ex boyfriend call me up about 2 years after we broke up with what he described as a ‘business proposition’. I had images of Indecent Proposal in my head but the reality was even more frightening.) Then again if you’re interested to see what she’s like these days it can’t hurt to catch up for a drink and talk yourself up, but only if you’re curious.

Dave said...

It won't be hard to talk myself up. From memory she dropped out of school in Year 11 to become a receptionist...

my name is kate said...

Oh awesome then you should definitely catch up so you can quietly mock her and her 8 children...

Dave said...

heh heh

Anonymous said...

You only call someone so long ago in your past when something is up. i.e. she is mental and has decided that there may be a chance you've spent the last 10 years thinking about her and wondering where it all went wrong. Her life is fucked (also cos she dumped the fabulous you - the loser) She found your number. that's freaky. I suggest calling her back, sounding completely surpised, slightly aloof and, as Kate said, meet and quietly mock her. Exes are exes for a reason.

L x

Dave said...

You're both right. I think I have to meet up with her, if only to be completely self-indulgent and tell her how good my life is hehehe

my name is kate said...

And then blog about it.