Tuesday 26 June 2007

Grammar Terrorist

I had previously posted a comment on Lindsay's blog saying we should give a bit of leeway to artists and their names when it comes to examples of grammar terrorism. US rapper Xzibit was the case in point. However on hearing this news, I have decided to add Xzibit's name to the list.
The dude apparently walked from a scheduled Rove Live performance (who can blame him for that, really?) alleging racism by the show's producers.

But it was his blog entry about the saga that raised my ire.
In posting a message to fans, he wrote that the "sh*t was wack" and that he "went out the front door hopped in my sh*t and rolled out..."

I'm sorry Mr Xzibit, but hopping in your "shit"?? Think about that one. Come back to me when you figure out how to communicate in English.

PS Okay, just had a sneak peek at said blog by Xzibit and am now content that I was fully justified in naming him as a grammar terrorist. If you want to see some of the illiterate comments he made please check it out. Lindsay, you may want to be sitting down when you read it. It's not pretty. Oh, and I love the way that Xzibit stands up to racism but has no problem making tasteless homophobic comments on his blog. Word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only we had some actualy power to stop these people, Dave. If only.
L x

Dave said...

One day, Lindsay, one day...