Thursday 7 June 2007

I am SO excited....

Okay, I think I should preface this entry with a little bit of an intro.
We've all got our musical "skeletons in the closet."
Often, people are loathe to admit that they may, in fact, have a liking for a band that is, well, embarrassing.
For me, my musical skeleton, the one tucked away behind all that "I listen to Triple J therefore I am musically educated" arrogance is -- heavy metal.
Now - don't get me wrong - I am no Cannibal Corpse fan - I do like my metal to actually have singing in it and be musically deep, but yes, sadly, shamefully, there is a tiny bit of bogan buried deep inside me.
So it is with this prelude that I announce the subject of my excitement - metal supergroup Hellyeah are coming to Perth!!!!
Featuring members of Mudvayne, Pantera and some band I haven't heard of before called Nothingface, this group will be playing at Freo Metros on July 3.

I realise I will have alienated most of my readers with this entry, so to those of you not interested I apologise.

Now excuse me while I go and change my pants. And yes, I am that excited.

PS I thank you, dear reader, to not tell anyone about this. My professional and musical credibility must remain intact. I'm sure you understand.

No comments: