Thursday 14 June 2007

At the risk of harping on about it....

I would like to join Dan, Lindsay and Kate's disgust at the West Australian's editorial today. I can't believe, in this day and age, we are still having this debate.

It cuts to the core of what we supposedly value in our society. Fairness and equality for all... unless you're gay.

I think Rod Swift from Gay and Lesbian Equality WA put it best when he said: "What is harmful to these children is the environment created by religious conservatives."

I tried to find a link to the story on The West's online site, but interestingly their front page story from today's newspaper, and the editorial that goes with it, have both been left out of the news articles on their website. hmm...

3 comments:

my name is kate said...

It's so infuriating but what else can you say - I'm left gpaing at my screen and furiously chewing chocolate biscuits...

my name is kate said...

gaping even

Dave said...

i refuse to look at the comments on News.com.au - i feel like i am condoning them by looking at them.