Wednesday 8 August 2007

Right. That's it.

Considering I am a dyed-in-the-wool Eagles fan, I've been remarkably quiet when it comes to blogging about their wins and losses.
Sure, I haven't had much to be excited about, what with our team being made up of crack-whores and cry-babies, and with us losing to the can't-win-a-game-the-rest-of-the-year-but-always-up-for-the-derby Dockers, but that's it. I've had enough.
I just found out today that Daniel Chick is injured with a fractured larynx after Dean Solomon lashed out with a forearm at some point. A fractured larynx!! Jesus!!
Those dirty fuckers!!
Yes, this is sour grapes. I'm the first to admit that.
But when you have a team who, for the majority of the year, constantly disappoint their fans, who can't pull a win out when their coach's career depends on it, but can do so the following week, it just shits me.
And for all you Dockers supporters and Cousins haters out there - yes, you won the derby. Well done, you have bragging rights. But it's the pointy end of the season and I can guarantee you the Dockers will choke.

And I, for one, will be there, all smiles, when it happens.
God I'm a vindictive little bastard sometimes.

No comments: