Monday 27 August 2007

Life is gooood...

I am in a ridiculously happy good mood. There's no reason for it - my editor is back from 3 weeks holiday today so by all accounts, it should be the opposite, but it's not.
Among the things contributing to my supreme satisfaction with life at the moment are:

  • The amount of friends I haven't seen in years - and we're talking 15 years - that remember me and are getting in touch through Facebook. Absolutely outstanding.
  • The fact that this week is my last week at work before I take 3 weeks holidays. Bertie and I are going to Melbourne for two days, then Tasmania for three days, then Sydney for five.... oh and we have some deluxe view luxury suite in the Marriott Hotel at Sydney Harbour booked for the last two nights there - living it up in style...
  • My two favourite sporting teams in the world, the West Coast Eagles and Manchester United, both played must-win games on the weekend. And they both won. Nice.
  • I rearranged my room on the weekend and it now has a much better feel to it. The feng shui is good.
  • I am getting on top of my finances for the first time in a while. Also brilliant!