Wednesday 26 September 2007

An open letter to my arch nemesis

Dear Deadline,

I hate you.
I hate everything you stand for.
Sure, the people I work with don't always help with our relationship, but your uncompromising, stubborn position on everything is really getting to me.
Why can't we just be friends? Why can't you change the days you pop up, just so that Wednesday isn't my most hated day of the week?
Someone told me once that relationships were all about compromise, but the way you treat me week in, week out, makes me think it's all one-way traffic.
I pander to your every need. I do everything I have to do when you tell me to do it.
And I've had enough.
If things don't change our relationship is over.
Perhaps you should think about this over the next week.
Call me when you're ready to talk.

Yours always,
Dave

No comments: