Thursday 27 September 2007

Ssh! Can you hear that?

*In an effected David Attenborough-style accent*

What we have up ahead is a rare species known as the long weekend.
They are seen less than once a month in office areas and often fill workers with senses of joy and euphoria.
Long weekends rarely go unnoticed, however they do have a tendency for sneaking up on people and the consequence is that workers who come into contact with long weekends often regret the fact that they have to catch up on a day's work the following week.
But for now, we will cherish its beauty.
Look at how it spreads its wings, owning the Monday and allowing office workers to have the day off.
It's a beautiful creature.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Long weekend? I want a long weekend? I don't get a long weekend until..........Thanksgiving???

Dave said...

Well at least you guys get thanksgiving! We get a long weekend for still being part of the British empire...

Jessica said...

You know I shouldn't complain. I forgot about the wonderful Minnesota Education Assocation break in October. Happy to be a school employee. It gives me 2 days off-then I decided I might as well take off M-W so it's 9 days in a row. Happy me!