Monday 3 September 2007

Feel free to hop off the merry-go-round when you've had enough...

I blogged a little while ago about a friend of mine who broke up with his girlfriend for the fifth time (in a year) and got back together with her. Again.
So I receive a call from this friend two weeks ago, saying they've broken up. Again.
He says it's for real this time. I believe him. I said to him:

"I'm a little hesitant to say anything since every time you break up and I say you're better off without her you get back together again."

Friend: Mm-hmm.

Me: But fuck it. You're better off without her. She has serious, deeply underlying mental problems that affect her individual life, let alone her relationships, and she's not a nice person.

Friend: I know.

So he seemed pretty happy. Hwe told me it was "for real" this time. I believed him.

Then he rang on Friday night. Just calling to say hello oh, and by the way, we're "sorting things out."

What the fuck is wrong with people??
This girl is not a nice person. She's not even good looking. She has deep, deep problems that I suspect can only be weeded out using intensive psychotherapy (and I'm not exaggerating or being melodramatic) and her refusal to communicate is what has led to every single one of the 6 - count em, 6 - break-ups they have had in the space of one year.

But fuck it. There's nothing I can do about it, other than to keep telling him every time they break up that he is better off without her. Maybe one day he'll listen.

No comments: