Wednesday 9 April 2008

My favourite ever reality TV show

And the winner is: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

Seriously guys, this show is great. Anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant/cafe/food preparation business of any type will enjoy this thoroughly.

Now, I've seen some bad things in my 7-odd years of working in restaurants.

I've seen some skanky food, some dodgy food preparation techniques, some unhygienic-looking chefs, but this show really takes the cake.
Some of the conditions these restaurants are in are absolutely appalling - if health inspectors were to find these restaurants in the state they are in when Ramsay inds them, they would be shut down automatically.

But it's not just that. The best bit is how he talks to the people in the show. He swears his box off and he yells, ridicules and insults everyone who is responsible for the state of the restaurant.

This might not seem like such a funny thing in itself, but if you've ever worked with chefs, you know that's what they're really like.

Check it out - Tuesday nights at 8.30pm, straight after Moment of Truth. Hey, at least you won't have to switch channels. Yes Lindsay. I'm talking to you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Dave, this show is rather entertaining. It is close to being the best show on TV at the moment but we all know that title belongs to Biggest Loser at the moment.

Dave said...

Look, I've watched an episode or two of the show and all I'm willing to say on the subject is THANK GOD that dude shaved his beard off. That thing was wrong.

Anonymous said...

Ramsay is a legend, not only in the way he talks to the Chef's. "Your f*cking French pig... You F*cking lazy c*nt" But he is quite a looker. Ican't help to think though that prominent scar on his lower chin is a result from a retaliation from one is staff members? Biggest loser? Love it, nothing like watching people sweat whilst I am eating what I think would be healthy meal....

shiny said...

On a quiet day I once went downstairs at an unnamed restaurant to find the head chef, who was a good 6ft tall, lying on the pass with a garnish on his chest saying "I'm the food! Take me!"

With regard to your previous post can you retitle that "Bits and boobs" just for shits and giggles? Cheers.

Dave said...

Which restaurant?? And done :)

my name is kate said...

Agree - totally f*cking brilliant you motherf*cking c*nt, I will f*ck you in the mother f*cking EYE...

Jessica said...

I started watching and felt like I was getting yelled at. Seriously, I think someone pissed in his Cheerios.

Jessica said...

Oh, and isn't that show called "Hell's Kitchen" there? That's what it is here...

Dave said...

Different show, same guy. Ramsay's Kitchen is the newer one, I think.

Anonymous said...

I'm two steps ahead of you Johnsy. My TV watching night has been all sewn up for a f*cking while. Hehe.

shiny said...

Shall remain nameless Dave. And he ended up ripping off the boss after 5 years of loyal service so clearly a bit of a character.