Monday 21 April 2008

Do not see this show

I'm a big fan of comedy duo Lano and Woodley.
Having said that, I thought Frank Woodley would still be quite good on his own now that the duo has split up.

How wrong I was.

I went to the opening night of his new show Possessed last Friday - and I walked out.

I've never walked out of a show before - hell, I've never even walked out of the cinema and I've seen some pretty average movies there.

But this was unbearable.
The introduction was him dressed in an old sailor's outfit speaking with a raspy voice and a thick Italian accent - and it went for about ten minutes too long.

The opening scene was a wake-up scene - he woke up on the couch, stumbled up the stairs, fell back down again, stumbled halfway up, fell back down again, repeat ad nauseum.

It was mainly slapstick - but not good slapstick - and the storyline wasn't even very interesting. In fact you probably alread guessed it - he was possessed by a ghost.

We walked out before intermission - the two of us just could not bear it anymore.
Then we went back to Bertie's, played drinking games till late in the night and got ridiculously drunk in a bid to erase the bad memories.

It didn't work.

3 comments:

Dave said...

..atta way Dave. Show them the respect they deserve. - Dave

Anonymous said...

nothing like an intoxicated game of "What the Fuck?" to clear the head. So....would you put a hungry rat up ur ass for 50K...

Dave said...

No Ness! Never! hehe