Tuesday 8 April 2008

Bits and boobs. (At Observer's request)

It has been brought to my attention that I failed to give a critique of how Rage Against the Machine were at Big Day Out back in February.
A conversation last night went a little something like this:

"Hey Dave, how was Rage Against the Machine?"
"Has it been that long since I've seen you?"
"Yeah, and you didn't blog about it."

Far be it from me to not give the readers what they want, so here is a brief summary:
They were absolutely fantastically brilliant and exceeded all my expectations. :)

In other news:

- Young Bertie has finally done the big move out of home and settled into an awesome little place on the West Leederville side of Wembley. It's tucked away on a no through road, surrounded by some incredibly expensive houses and you can hardly view the house from the road because of the steep, winding, leafy green driveway. Brilliant. The housewarming will be an affair to remember.

- My parents have taken off for a four week sojourn to Europe to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. They're staying in London, Paris, Amsterdam (I know, I know) and Dubai. Nice. Which also means I have their house. Doubly nice.

- The West Coast Eagles' fall from grace is complete. They're now officially a crap team. I know it's only a few games in, but their performances so far have been dismal. Just putting it out there now - we won't make the top eight this year and we will need another year or two of rebuilding before we can have a crack at the flag again.

- My favourite music of late has been The Wombats' CD, Faker's new album and The Raveonettes, all of which are bloody brilliant. I will get around to posting reviews on here some time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you fail to mention the one person we discussed last week. Celine Dion should be first mention off the rank. I strongly suggest you make your way along too the concert tonight at Members Equity. Remember ones heart will always go on.

Dave said...

You make me sick Laurence.

shiny said...

I was offered Celine Dion tickets. I said no thankyou. But I'm sure they're still on offer Dave, if you and Lawrence want to go along.

shiny said...

Laurence, even.

Dave said...

I'd rather stay at home and self-mutilate. But thanks all the same :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Observer me and Dave happened to go along last night and really enjoyed ourselves, bought Dave the Titanic long sleeve Tee and her new album.

Jessica said...

Ironic post title. Just yesterday I learned from my sister -the one who's living in Ireland-what that meant! Americans don't say anything that fun at all! :)

Dave said...

You're a liar as well as a knob, laurence.
No bits and bobs in the US Jess? That's no good! :)

shiny said...

Thanks for the rename. It makes me giggle. However you may need to apologise to the people googling boobs for misleading them. That's one mouse click they'll never get back. I'm still getting hits on the post I titled "but he said they were ugly boobs". Ugly boobs - there's a niche market for you.

Dave said...

People google ugly boobs?? wow