Wednesday 16 April 2008

Get me out of here!

I am having serious trouble working today.

The vibe in the office was off-kilter from the word go.
Some local PR guy is well overstepping his boundaries and playing "he said" "she said" games between some of our sales staff and their managers.

Then I've got the mousy little casual reporter sitting behind me, who frustrates me to tears.

And to top it all off it's deadline day. And I JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED.

Somehow I've actually managed to get away with writing the requisite amount of stories - the boss will think no worse of me and I've actually got the front page story for Friday - but that doesn't make me feel like any less of a slacker.

In other news, I'm officially a Facebook slut. Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't added people I don't like or anything like that.
But there's this new function called "People You May Know" - based on mutual friends you have on Facebook.

So for the last, hmm, I don't know, maybe two hours, I've been trawling through names.
It's embarrassing, but I've found about 20 people that I knew fairly well - and added them all.

I feel so cheap.

6 comments:

shiny said...

Tell me about it. I can't help but be a little alarmed by the fact that its Wednesday and we still need 3 front page stories.

Anonymous said...

Meh, I've spent most of the day editing stories for the Council's newsletter and can't help wondering - If I'm bored to tears by these articles myself then what interest are they likely to be to anyone else??

Sadly, I have also added 'People you may know' but it just keeps showing me people I already came across and didn't add for a reason.
I'm wondering how many applications it will let me add before my page just refuses to load.

On the plus side - only 2 more days to the weekend...
Ros

Dave said...

hehe awesome i'm not the only one

Jessica said...

Hey Dave, I'm on Facebook too. But I think I'm more of a Facebook prude...I've only got like 8 friends. Pathetic, right?

Dave said...

Actually that's not a bad thing. Really.

Anonymous said...

It kinda takes the fun out of the whole degrees of separation thing. But heck, it's addictive.