Wednesday 6 February 2008

Would you vote for this man?

I don't like Brendan Nelson. I don't like his attitude, I don't like the way he won leadership of John Howard's shipwreck of a party and I think he looks like a rat when he smiles.

I was quite disappointed when the Liberal Party didn't choose Malcolm Turnbull - we could have been in for an invigorating, balanced political spectrum over the next few years.

Malcolm Turnbull has youth, vigour and open-mindedness on his side. After his party's devastating election loss, he wasted no time in saying he would support Labor policies regarding industrial relations and an apology to the Stolen Generation.

This was one of the main reasons he didn't win the leadership - the crusty old conservatives in the Liberal Party couldn't quite bring themselves to admit they were wrong. So they elected someone they thought wouldn't stray too far from the party line - Mr Nelson - and hence consigned themselves to the political wilderness for at least the next election.

Nelson got a grilling on the 7.30 Report from Kerry O'Brien last night - which was quite brilliant - and the guy just does not have what it takes.

Add to that he's a card-carrying member of the John Howard fan club - and you've got an opposition leader without a hope in hell of ever being elected Prime Minister.

3 comments:

shiny said...

Smiling seems an unnatural act for so many politicians.

Anonymous said...

I am not saying this to be mean or a cunt or anything.

But he kinda looks like you in that picture.


Okay, I wanted to be a little mean.

Dave said...

Well I'd like to think I look a little less smarmy. And greying. But you know, whatever :)