Monday 14 January 2008

Keating!



I had the immense pleausure of seeing the opening of Keating! The Musical at the Regal Theatre last week. I expected it to be good, but I didn't expect it to be brilliant.


Based on the rise and fall of former Prime Minister Paul Keating (they don't breed 'em like they used to) the show is a must-see for anyone with even minor knowledge of Australian political history during that period.


Highlights included:


  • The rap battle between Keating and then-leader of the opposition John Hewson.

  • The duet between the same two aptly called "I Wanna Do You Slowly"

  • The Alexander Downer character, complete with fishnet stockings and a corset.

  • The duet between Gareth Evans and Cheryl Kernot - pure gold.

All in all, it was a brilliant show, one which made me laugh all the way through. See it - it's the musical we had to have.

1 comment:

my name is kate said...

Oh brilliant - I'm seeing it this weekend!