Wednesday 16 January 2008

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

"It's been years since my last confession."

"Go ahead son."

"I've been having evil thoughts about my boss again."

"The ones where you beat her with her handbag then throw her in a jail cell with respresentatives from each of the minority groups she so actively hates?"

"No Father. This is a new one."

"Confess, my son."

"Okay, so it goes something like this. She dies from stress and anxiety brought upon herself. Upon arriving at the pearly gates, St Peter is standing there with the longest list you've ever seen. She asks him what he's doing with such a long list. He replies: "It's a list of everything you've ever said or done which has been outrageous, old-fashioned, wrong and just plain hurtful." The list trails off in the distance. St Peter then reads every single one out to her. At the end of it all, he pushes a button and she slides down a chute to hell. I won't tell you the rest of my thought once she's down there."

"Best not to go over the top my son. God forgives your sins."

"Thank you Father."

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So, you like her. You really, really like her? The last day at my lastjob I told the general manager and the regional manager exactly what I thought about them. It may have been immature but it did feel good to finally, to their face, call Jeff and Marge what we all secretly called them. Bobble Head and the Blond Wonder, and er, Large Marge in Charge.

Dave said...

Awesome. I've always wanted to do that but I'm kinda a strong believer in not burning bridges too. One day, one day...

Jessica said...

Well, I was getting fired from that newspaper job. An ad rep sold an ad that looked like a news story. Well since I had designed our entire newspaper, fonts, etc, I was even more mad. She was new. No journalism education. Used to own a flower shop. I think she was blowing the boss. I told her she couldn't sell ads that look like news stories-- ethics and all that. So I was fired. Because I told an ad rep not to sell space that looks like news. Oh the scandal of it all....

Dave said...

My god. I would have told my boss to f*** off if I had been through the same thing! That's horrible!
Fucking ad reps they're all the same... (now let's see if the ones that read this take that bait :))

Dave said...

I think we all feel like Jessica did sometimes. I liked your presentation of this story... - Dave.