Monday 26 November 2007

What a weekend

I'm typing this from the Qantas Club in Townsville where I am enjoying the lap of luxury before I jump into my business flight seat from here to Brisbane.
Long story short - my weekend in North Queensland was marred by Qantas misplacing my baggage for 24 hours. But they've well and truly made up for that now.

But that's not the most important thing that's happened this weekend.
The most important thing is that John Howard got everything that was coming to him.
My faith is restored in the Australian people.
I am no longer embarrassed to be called Australian.
I am happier than I can ever remember being after an election.

This weekend, karma took a little bit back.
The swings and roundabouts kicked in.

I cannot relate how happy it makes me feel to see headlines such as "Rudd moves in on Work Choices" and "Liberal Party in turmoil."

So, where does that leave world politics at the moment - Blair's gone, Howard's gone, dare I hope that Bush may be the next to fall on his own neo-conservative sword?

Let's hope so :)

4 comments:

Dave said...

Glad you are happy about the results. You sound euphoric!
NZ may go the opposite way next year.- Dave

my name is kate said...

Yeah it's all a bit hard to take in, isn't it? Seems like a dream. Hope to hear the story of your trip soon. Why don't we get very drunk?

Jessica said...

Very good news! I hope to see a democrat in the office when we go to the polls next November. I can't move to Canada, too butt clenching cold, but if we get another conservative I've got to move somewhere! The good thing is that no matter what, Bush cannot be re-elected. Thank God for term limits!!!

Dave said...

Thanks Dave - sounds ominous for you guys, hope it turns out well.
Kate - name a time and a place.
And Jess - at least the man can't be re-elected for a third term.