Wednesday 7 November 2007

A bit of self-deprecation never hurt anybody

I am an idiot.
Seriously.
Apart from the fact that yesterday I discovered that leaving my brakes to be fixed for another week potentially added $200 onto the bill at the mechanics, I have lacerated my right hand. By being an idiot.
I went around my parents' house last night to farewell my younger brother, who takes off for London today.
He convinced me to play one final game of soccer on Xbox with him before I left.
It was a tight game.
No goals were scored in the first half and, it wasn't until the 68th minute that I turned in front of goal and passed to one of my players, who outmanouvered the keeper and slotted the ball into the back of the net.
GOAL! I screamed, jumping off the bed with my hands held high in the air - only to shatter the glass light fixture in my brother's bedroom.
My mum, who is a nurse, decided that I would need stitches on the knuckle of my right ring finger.
I went to Royal Perth Hospital, where I waited for two hours to be told I didn't really need stitches, but they glued it for me to aid in the healing process.
I also managed to slash the palm of my hand.
As a result, I can currently only do things with one hand - and let me tell you, cooking meals and ironing clothes is extremely difficult with only one hand.
My dignity suffered a little too, but I'm at work today and, I guess, that's what counts.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Imagine sympathetic noises coming from this corner of the world. That sucks babe :(

shiny said...

Hey I've still got your sympathy gift certificate you gave me. You want it back? You can redeem it.

Hope it gets better soon.

Dave said...

Haha thanks guys, but I'll be okay. I might reserve my sympathy for when I really need it...

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to give you sympathy, I just ain't that nice.

Loser.

Dave said...

I'd expect nothing else. Say hi to karma for me when you see him! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in karma, karma is for people that can't come to terms with that shit just happens. Its for people who can't handle that concept.

Dave said...

You're an angry man, Mr Lundie :)