Wednesday 14 November 2007

How does it feel Barnaby?

My favourite National Party politician Barnaby Joyce was on the radio this morning.
But something's wrong - this time he sounded a little concerned.
He was concerned with the polls.
Apparently they've been bad for the conservative Government, and he's concerned the coalition is facing political annihilation.
He said there was frustration within conservative ranks about an apparent "wave of ambivalence" from the voting public.
Really? A wave of ambivalence?
Would that be the same wave of ambivalence that swept the coalition to power once or twice in the last few elections?
So how does it feel, Barnaby, now that that wave is drowning you?

But the bit that really got me, the bit that nearly made me downright angry, was when he said there was a possibility the Labor Government could be elected with a majority in both houses, causing the Australian people to have a Government without checks and balances.

Um, hello??!!
What exactly do we have right now??
How can you possibly argue that it's okay for a conservative Government to have the balance of power but not a Labor Government??
Part of me hopes this does happen.
What goes around comes around, my friend.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Why is it that the biggest asshats are the one's in power? Conservative fuckwits-one for my president another for my state governor. At least my governor is smart. I don't agree with him, but he's not a blitering idiot. Can't wait for the 2008 election!

Dave said...

Ours is only a week away!