Thursday 1 November 2007

Adventures in Rockingham Part IV

I received an email from one of my co-workers today. It was a joke about a farm hand who got a pig stuck in his four-wheel drive.
The joke started off as such:

A farm hand (an Aboriginal) rings his boss...

That's right, it had "an Aboriginal" in brackets. I read the rest of the joke and the fact that the protagonist was Aboriginal had absolutely no bearing on the joke whatsoever.
I sent out a reply saying:

"I'm glad that joke clarified that he was "an Aboriginal." It was, after all, a VERY integral part to the story..."

-After a couple of minutes, she replied with:

"Well it could have been an Asian or a muslim or perhaps some other immigrant otherwise!"

-I sat stunned for a moment. So I responded, asking "Why?"

-It then took half an hour for her to respond to that one. In the end, she came up with:

"Why not?"

-At this point I realised I was fighting a losing battle. I responded once more:

"This conversation's going nowhere fast. You get my point right?"

-Her response:

"your right .....this conversation is going nowhere fast!"



Sometimes, you just can't win.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It seems some people, sadly, just do not think. At all.