Monday 8 September 2008

An open letter to Mr Carpenter and Mr Barnett

Dear sirs,

It is with much interest I watch the two of you scrambling for allegiances to form a coalition after what was a really, really close election.

I love the fact that the Nationals are holding the two of you over a barrel.

Mr Barnett - well done - you've done exceedingly well in uniting the Liberal Party in four weeks, win, lose or draw.

Mr Carpenter - I told you so. Act like an arrogant wanker for long enough and, whether it's true or not, the public will soon start believing it.

Whichever way the election falls I have quite enjoyed watching the outcome.
I'm prepared to go out on a limb and call this election a victory for justice and accountability.

Regards,
Dave

4 comments:

shiny said...

Totally agree. They're in this position because none of them really deserved to win.

my name is kate said...

Eh I'm glad you two are happy - I'm depressed out of my mind...

Dave said...

Look, I'm not over the moon, but it's not the end of the world. At least Howard's not our PM still...

Dave said...

I read somewhere once someone said that we get the politicians we deserve... - Dave