Tuesday 30 September 2008

A collection of short thoughts on Parklife OR Festival hats and their dual purpose

  • Bands in general are fantastic to watch at dance music festivals. At an event where most of the acts include a couple of guys bent over some turntables, it's always refreshing to see a band play music the old fashioned way. Soulwax and Goldfrapp were cases in point. Truly sublime.
  • Yesterday was the first time I'd worn a hat to an outdoors festival and let me tell you, it's something I will be doing regularly from now on. Not only does it prevent your scalp from burning bright red, but when the sun goes down it keeps your head warm. Genius.
  • Text message from me to mate who was spending the weekend in Albany: "I got into Parklife - I got a free ticket plus VIP entry! How's Albany?"
    His response: "Yeah, well it ain't Parklife..." How true.
  • Festival text messages and trying to find someone. Gotta love it. The chances of you finding the mates you are looking for are always pretty low, but once you do find them, it's all worth it. I also love receiving five text messages at once because the network is jammed and everyone at the festival is trying to do the same thing.
  • Perth weather. It really is the best for outdoor music festivals - a fine, 24 degree day is pretty much the optimal condition you could hope for. And that was what we got.

No comments: