Wednesday 1 April 2009

Hi there. How've you been?

Sorry I haven't blogged much of late. To tell you the truth, I've been pretty self-involved over the past couple of weeks.
What with some big changes happening at work, relationship stuff and me quitting smoking (regular readers of this blog will know that me quitting smoking happens about twice a year) I have neglected a few important things in my life.

I've missed friends' birthdays, not read anyone's blogs and skipped goodbye drinks. But I think I've sort of emerged from it all now. Don't get me wrong, I've been okay, I haven't been depressed or anything, I've just been dealing with stuff.

Having said all that, I am no longer a smoker. I'm pretty sure I've said that before on this blog only to be a smoker days later so allow me to explain. I've been taking this new anti-smoking medication called Champix. You get it on prescription and it's a 12 week course. It does two things: blocks the receptor in your brain that makes you feel the nicotine rush or head spin and stops you from feeling cravings.
I actually quit two and a half weeks ago, but I've been a bit hesitant to blog about it until I'd gone through a couple of weekends because I've blogged loud and clear in the past about quitting, only to fail miserably a short time after.
Sooo after the initial hacking period during which the mucus that came out of my chest resembled some kind of bad Aboriginal art piece, I am feeling pretty fantastic right now. My wallet is also sharing the elation. So right now it's all good :)
Anyway you'll have to excuse me. I have a week's worth of blogs to catch up on.

4 comments:

my name is kate said...

Congrats bintface xx hope to catch up soon.

Me said...

Good to have you back :)

Dave said...

Well done! You are nearly over the worst part. Keep going! - Dave

Rochelle said...

Best of luck, Dave. I'm going to go all cheerleadery on you and say: you can do it! x