Friday 10 April 2009

Black Holes and Revelations

This week has been positively crazy.
The powers that be at my work decided my branch would be singled out for the second stage of an editorial revamp this week. Apparently the powers that be didn't remember it was an extra short week because of Easter and as such, we had three days to do something in which we would normally have five.
So I was a bit stressed out this week. Which is unlike me. I don't normally do stress. But it's all good, and the papers are done and we can all go home happy. For four days.

Why am I telling you this? I guess because I feel a little bit guilty that I posted below on how I haven't posted in ages and it's all about me and then I go and do something like don't post for a week. But it's not you, it's me. Really.

Anyway I have to tell you all about this awesomely funny new site I was introduced to the other day. It's called spEak You're branes and is a collection of the best (worst) comments from the Have Your Say site at the BBC. For anyone who has ever been frustrated, upset, or made to feel dumber by people posting stupid comments on stories online, this is the site for you. Not only does it show the comments but then it comments on the comments with razor sharp wit and lashings of sarcasm. Genius.

7 comments:

Me said...

I visited that site last night but had no idea what it really was. Thank you for the clarification.

So, back smoking yet?

Dave said...

No :)

Me said...

Good to see!

Dave said...

I ran for half an hour straight at the gym the other day and my breathing was back to normal in 5 minutes. That's unheard of :)

Me said...

Just wait another seven years and see the difference!

I'm real proud of you though :)

Dave said...

That website and comments were funny, but ten minutes reading was enough for me! - Dave

Dave said...

Thanks Orhan!
Yeah Dave the website cracked me up at work, which is why I thought I'd share it :)