Sunday 25 January 2009

I am. You are. We are...

What is Australia Day all about? Really?
To many people, it's about sticking stupid plastic Australian flags to your car windows. I would never buy one of those flags. As I write this, there is a car sitting out the front of my house with no less than 11 of those silly flag sticking out its windows. 11! What a knob. To me, the people that stick those flags on their cars are the same people that would have been involved in the shameful Cronulla race riots from a few years ago. I don't feel the need to put a flag on my car to prove how Australian I am.

To me, Australia Day is about celebrating with friends, a bbq, a few beers and listening to the Hottest 100.

To others, Australia Day may be about this sort of thing.

I guess it's open to interpretation.

What's your interpretation, dear readers?

4 comments:

Steve said...

Dave,

You have just shown that my first instincts about you where right - you are a top, genuine, Aussie guy.

Cheers mate,

Steve

Dave said...

aww, thanks steve :)

Me said...

This post feels empty without this clip.

I have the Southern Cross on my forearm to remind me why I am so luck and to make sure others know I'm very proud to be an Australian even though I wasn't born here.

Dave said...

nice :)