Wednesday 18 June 2008

Hi

Since I haven't blogged much this week, I thought I'd give you all a quick update on, well, me.

Current likes:

  • My new job. In particular the bit that involves not working for my old boss. Also the increase in pay.
  • Cigarettes and alcohol. They're fantastic together. 'Nuff said.
  • The new Fratellis album. Review to follow when I can stop listening to it.
  • Making new friends and catching up with old ones. Always a favourite of mine.
  • Watching the state Liberal party wrench that knife even further into its own back.

Current dislikes:

  • PR people pushing a McDonalds initiative and then querying why I didn't mention the company name in the story. It's McDonalds. They do not need free advertising from me. No offence to the particular PR person involved if he's reading this.
  • Sales reps who try and stamp their authority over new editors and tell them what stories to write. You picked the wrong one, sorry :)
  • Receiving calls from my old boss who continues to whinge about how hard her life is for her - I can't get away from it!
  • People whose personalities change when they get promoted to a position of authority. There's just no need.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Good stuff Dave Glad you are enjoying the new job and even more impressed that it hasn't gone to your head :-)

Anonymous said...

my only gripe is the ciggies. common David i thought you were smarter than that!?

Dave said...

haha thought i'd be able to slip that one in there
oh well...
btw jase i keep trying to get the name of the label of those skinny leg jeans for you but i can't remember - they're not a common brand but I got them at a shop called Jack on the corner of Beaufort and Walcott St in Mt Lawley

Anonymous said...

cool thanks!
though i would doubtless be able affrod them on my miserly freelance writer pay :P