Wednesday 12 March 2008

What's that skip? An insignificant former PM doing what all insignificant former PMs do?

I wasn't going to blog today because, well, I had nothing to blog about.

But then, just when you least expect it, good old Johnny Howard comes back from the dead to piss me off once more.

According to news reports, Mr Howard was speaking at Harvard University today. He seems to be doing a speaking tour of the US. Word is that's the only country that takes him seriously anymore. But then they voted George Bush in. Twice.

So Mr Howard is telling the Harvard students that he left Australia in a stronger state and a prouder nation than it ever was before.

Right.

I think most of you know my opinion of Mr Howard but let me say one thing - I have never been more proud to be an Australian than on the night the nation - and the people of Bennelong - unceremoniously dumped him from his seat and from Government.

John Howard, you did not make me a proud Australian. You made me embarrassed to be Australian.

Kevin Rudd, on the other hand, has started his first three months in office by signing the Kyoto Protocol and apologising to the Stolen Generations.

And that makes me proud.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry, a bit off subject, but I must point out we didn't really vote in George Bush, twice. The first time, well that was a bit of a technicality.

Did you hear about the Gov. of NY who hired spendy hookers.

Pilfering politicians...

Bows head in shame,
An American girl who voted for Kerry, Gore, Clinton...

Dave said...

haha I thought about you when I wrote that - hope I didn't offend. Must be tiring for you guys though.

Jessica said...

GW offends me. You did not. :)
It is tiring indeed!!