Wednesday 26 March 2008

Guilty as charged

Every now and then, I get on my moral high horse. Like last week when, upon arriving at Northbridge, I spoke to Lindsay about this horrible new American "game" show - Moment of Truth.



You've probably all heard about it, but basically the idea is that the contestant faces a series of questions to which he or she has to answer truthfully. They've been hooked up to a lie detector and if they tell the truth, regardless of the question, they move up a level, eventually earning hundreds of thousands of dollars for telling the truth.



Contestants also have family members and friends or partners watching the show - jus to make it that little bit more uncomfortable.

They're asked questions like - Have you ever stolen from your workmates? or Have you ever made ethnic jokes about your wife's family? etc etc

This show is wrong. The concept behind it is wrong, and the disintegration of people's relationships on-screen for all to see is also wrong. I hated it for the first week and swore never to watch it again.

But I watched it again last night, and now I can't stop watching it.

I know it's terrible but it's like watching a massive train derailment in uber-slow motion - i love it and I figure if people are dumb enough to go on the show, they get what they deserve.
Watch it. It's so bad, so tacky, so morally outrageous, that I'm sure you'll love it too :)

3 comments:

Dave said...

Tch, Tch... Dave.

my name is kate said...

Fuck I need to get my telly back. Sounds awesome.

Jessica said...

Like you said, they're making the choice to go on there. Guilty pleasures rock.