Friday 7 March 2008

...and sometimes you just get caught out

I'm glad I retired my list of grammar terrorists.

I got a phone call today from Phil Edman - a local councillor who I hold in high esteem, despite the fact that I named him as a grammar terrorist sometime last year on this blog.

He had stumbled across my blog and saw his name there, alongside a letter of his that I had printed pointing out all the bad grammar.

To his credit, he wasn't angry or upset - rather, he acknowledged it was all in good fun.

In fact, he told me that since reading the blog entry about him it had motivated him to clean up his act grammar-wise.

I think this is a timely reminder to all of us that although we are aware of friends and acquaintances reading our blogs regularly, whatever you write is on the internet and hence on the public record. Kate knows all about this of course - but it's a bit scarier when it happens closer to home.

So Phil - I apologise for putting your name in lights. Thank you for being so good natured about the whole episode.

Regards
Sheepish Dave.

7 comments:

shiny said...

Oh god. I'm terrified.

my name is kate said...

Hah

Anonymous said...

Great. I'm fucking next.

Anonymous said...

PS, Yay for Phil. I'd like him.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we have a would be pollie who searches his own name. I stumbled accross this blog too. But not by searching for myself. Surprised you havent had a go at my shocking grammar yet Dave.

Cheers,
Steve

Dave said...

Very humble on your part Dave. Well done! - Dave

Dave said...

What shocking grammar Steve? I see none...