Tuesday 11 November 2008

People-watching observations from a Leederville Cafe.

I love people watching. I sometimes look at people who pass me by and wonder what their story is. They have an entire life behind them and ahead of them with which I may never come into contact. Where have they been? Where are they going? Why are they going there?

With this in mind I thought I'd share some people watching observations I made at a Leederville Cafe recently.

  • The underaged indie rocker boy and girl who looked like they were on their first date. Very cute, both ordered hot chocolates and sat across the table from each other and laughed at each other's jokes. The boy was wearing skinny leg black jeans, white sneakers and had a crazy mop of blonde hair. The girl was wearing striped stockings and black clothes.
  • The brisk man in the business suit who had worry lines creasing his face and looked slightly lost.
  • The group of paramedics that stopped for an hour to have coffees and chat. I'm hoping nobody was dying at the time. Maybe this was their way of reducing the waiting queues at emergency departments?
  • The group of four young guys who sat out the front, smoking like a group of chimneys. When they got up to leave, one of them was wearing a purple singlet, had a moustache (I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was for Movember) and a beret. Interesting...

5 comments:

Dave said...

Very observant Dave. Like you I like to watch people unobtrusively, and wonder too. Good blog. - Dave

Me said...

Just as long as you're not filming them.

Dave said...

lol i most certainly am not

Anonymous said...

Those paramedics are there almost every day i think. Or at least whenever i'm in Leederville.

Perhaps it's part of the reason for the longer ambulance response times last year.

Dave said...

hehe could be
nice to see you here Hayden :)