Friday 1 August 2008

Well it's a big, big city and it's always the same...

This is a line I hear from fellow bloggers all the time, but - I've been a slack little blogger lately.
My apologies for not updating you with the tales of the wonderful and the mundane, but I do have a few excuses.
Firstly, my new job is fairly busy. It's not often I get the chance at work to sit down and gripe about this or that. And secondly, I actually haven't had that much to bitch about. Yes, life is still going well. Sickeningly well in fact. The old me would have said that something must go wrong soon - but I no longer take that view.

If you tell yourself something's going to stuff up, nine time out of ten, it will. It's all about the positive thinking.

So, instead, let me regale you with a story about the band I saw last night. They were called The Fratellis. And the absolutely rocked my socks off.
No, really, they were that good.
And then they got to that song that everyone's waiting for. Chelsea Dagger. And bugger me if it wasn't the most fun-filled live song I've ever heard.
Before that, the crowd was loving it.
But when this came on, something changed.
All of a sudden, people were jumping around, singing along, reaching for the sky - and I was a part of it.

Stuff like that makes me happy to be alive.

1 comment:

Dave said...

0@gmail.comGlad you're so happy Dave. It's nice to feel positive! - Dave