Wednesday 2 July 2008

SOOO excited


The first reviews of the new Batman movie are out - and bugger me if the film just may live up to all the hype.
Follow this link to read the reviews from the Sun and Rolling Stone.
I've been a fan of Batman since I received my first Batman costume at the tender age of 5, followed by a cool-as-hell Batman skateboard I got a the age of 6.
To this day I still have the skateboard - I think I actually used it once but the design on it is too cool to throw away.

Then came the Batman movies - Tim Burton's ones - the first and second, with Michael Keaton, were always my favourite. After that, they got crap pretty fast. The ridiculously over-the-top Batman Forever and Batman and Robin destroyed the name of Batman in my books.
(I mean really, Val Kilmer??? What were they thinking??)

But Christopher Nolan has resurrected the franchise. He brought Gotham City back to the dark, festering breeding ground for criminals it once was, and with Heath Ledger playing what, by all accounts, is a bone-chilling villain in the Joker, I can hardly contain myself.

4 comments:

my name is kate said...

Yeah jesus I love a good superhero movie. But then I was about the only person in the world who liked Batman and Robin. What can I say? It was the 90s - Chris O'donnell floated my boat.

Dave said...

Yeah, but Alicia Silverstone??

Anonymous said...

yes batman is cool - he too is my hero- along with captin planet

Dave said...

Batman movies or Batman and Robin TV (old style BAM BAM Kaboom!!) does nothing for me. But I was a real fan of the early batman comics. Also superman... - Dave